Thursday, July 31, 2014

Beginning.

(All pictures posted are property of kristaology)

After struggling through dead set dedications to past blogs and online diaries, I have returned to Blogspot after all. Several years ago, I began Her Killing Jar, my first blog and a reeling failure. Doubtless, it was my dreary weeping and the undeniably repulsive title that had viewers shying away.

I am now well beyond my grueling teenage years, and have crossed the void into the start of my 20's. Despite my expectations of the real world when I was 12, being 20 has brought me none of the glamour and adventure I hoped it would, as I'm sure most everyone knows. I spent 3 semesters at a community college 3 hours away from home. I lived in a duplex trailer home with a doberman, a cat, a rather vociferous roommate (who posed double agent as my best friend), and endured the wailing of both the child next door and his young, obnoxious parents. After a brutal emotional fallout with myself, my best friend, my job, and my boyfriend, I quit college and moved back in with my parents.

And here I sit. I recognize the struggles to come, and I spend most of my days pushing them out of my mind. I've come to acknowledge my physical, emotional, and social state in life. So while I believe living in my parents home at the age of 20 to be a great humiliation, I have come to accept it, and I am using this time of dormancy as a rehabilitation process.

I've contracted my time to the art of getting to know myself, and toward learning to be comfortable with myself. I've committed my time to myself and no one else. It is the thought of emotional, spiritual stability that draws me. It is life-long success in myself, in my career, and in the creation of my own life that I am working toward.

Which is where A Lack Of Communication comes in. My blog is destined to become a hearty, homemade stew of self-help, emotional updates, life accomplishments (both small and great), and a bright collection of my favorite articles and memorandums.

I hope that my life long joy of writing and blogging can bring some sort of motivation or realization to my readers. For those of us struggling with ourselves, we need to understand that we are not alone in our thoughts. We need to understand that there is help available, and my blog stands as a supporting pillar.

Stay mindful.


No comments:

Post a Comment